Sunday, September 14, 2008

charice - need i say more

Sunday, September 14, 2008
I had no idea that Charice Pempengco was guesting on Oprah the second time around. And yes, I get amazed by her performances and uplifts the "Filipina" in me. She is like the Manny Pacquiao of the Philippine music industry. She definitely reached great lengths in her career, and with me still adjusting to a life in a foreign country, such feats of Filipinos like Charice make the struggle less difficult.

Mahirap ang buhay sa Amerika, yun lang ang masasabi ko. At umaasa akong giginhawa din ito balang araw, lalo na para sa parents ko na kung tutuusin ay dapat ako na ang sumusuporta sa kanila ngayon. Oh well.

Anyway, back to Ms. Pempengco. I mentioned to a friend at work if she saw the TV guesting of this great kid from the Philippines (referring to Charice's first guesting on Oprah) on her episode on the World's Most Talented Kids. She (my friend) made a brief mention of how Charice was going to be on the show again though she wasn't aware when or if it was a fact. I immediately dismissed the idea since I never saw any promotion for it on TV, both local and on TFC. I just shrugged and forgot about it. It didn't occur to me I never really had a TV life since school started, which I will be making a post on in the following days.

So I was surprised when I saw her video on YouTube where a whole episode was dedicated to her. I immediately told my parents about it, not in a way like I am a loca fan or something, since they love watching Charice sing as well.

I guess I'll just have to do a quick post about Charice's guesting on Oprah as well as a clip from YouTube, the part where she sang "My Heart Will Go On." I knew I have a lot of other posts I would like to do (I actually made post-its to remind me about what I will write), but I think that this is a way for me to show my patriotism to my country (ngek).

Hehe. Pero hindi, seryoso naman ako dun. Kahit sa maliit na paraan lang ng pagpost ko tungkol sa isa sa mga pride ng Pilipinas, kahit naman sana papaano eh maniwala tayo na may "edge" ang mga Pilipino sa international industry. The world is a market for everyone, and there is no harm in believing that you could be a part of that "everyone."

Ngek ulit. Wala lang. Gusto ko lang ma-uplift ang spirit ko pati ng taong magbabasa ng post na ito.

Just like the impact of a young singer to Filipinos who struggle to make it every single day.

Damn. I miss home.

Enjoy Charice Pempengco's performance! May she make you want to buy a t-shirt with a print saying, "Proud to be Pinoy!" ;)

Video: Charice Pempengco guesting on Oprah 09.09.08 // courtesy of YouTube



0 comments:

Post a Comment