Saturday, November 08, 2008

to the tune of "no air"

Saturday, November 08, 2008
When I saw this segment in ASAP '08 two weeks ago, I can't help but remember a particular dance in an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance."

I am really not an avid fan of "So You Think..." and at first I even thought that it was just a simple American Idol-style contest that you have dancing instead of singing in the center of it all. You will gather up all of these amateur dancers and they'll dance and you'll vote them to stay and whoever ends up the last wins. However, when I saw the semi-finals show I was just amazed at the choreography (not all of them, but most are truly exquisite especially the contemporary pieces) as well as the contestants. I don't know if it's just the frustrated dancer inside me who's talking here (Yes, I am a frustrated dancer and I would like to take dancing classes someday to shut it up :p). The dancers in this contest really can dance, and they can knock everyone out.

Anyway, so again I saw this segment in ASAP '08 featuring Sarah Geronimo and Rayver Cruz (Filipino celebrities), which made me want to look up for that video again from the "So You Think..." show. Let's see, who do you think made a better dance interpretation of the song "No Air?" Is it Sarah/Rayver or Katee/Joshua?

**Okay, I would like to think that they are just dead even in the choreography since Sarah and Rayver are not really full-pledged dancers, but of course there's no doubt they can dance very well. Katee and Joshua, on the other hand, well, you'll just have to watch the video and see what they are capable of.

Sarah and Rayver (ASAP '08)



Katee and Joshua (So You Think You Can Dance?)


0 comments:

Post a Comment